HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF
1. STOP ALL CRITICISM– Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Accept yourself exactly as you are knowing that you have everything you need in this moment.
2. DON’T SCARE YOURSELF – Stop terrorizing yourself with your negative thoughts. Everything happens to me, “what if mentality.” Find a mental image that brings you pleasure and switch your scary thoughts to pleasurable thoughts. Remember the good things that have happened in the past.
3. SPEND TIME ALONE IN MEDITATION AND PRAYER- Plug into the Power within on a daily basis. Allow yourself to receive Divine Love. Journal your feelings and focus on what you want.
4. BE KIND TO YOUR MIND – Self hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don’t hate yourself for having the thoughts. Change your thinking and focus on the positive things. Start a gratitude journal.
5. PRAISE YOURSELF – Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing. Stop looking for others to validate you. Use affirmations on a daily basis. Be patient with yourself and treat yourself as you would your best friend. Look into your eyes often and tell yourself the truth of who you are as a child of God. Believe and trust in yourself.
6. SUPPORT YOURSELF – Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. Ask for help when you need it – it is a sign of strength and courage.
7. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY – Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Exercise. Cherish and revere the temple you live in.
8. ACCEPT YOUR GIFTS – Step into your greatness and magnificence. Stop hiding and let your light shine. Find your passion and live it.
9. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND OTHERS
2 Comments »
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753
Wonderful self-nourishment…Beginning today… and each day. Thank you Pat.
Comment by Assunta — August 31, 2010 @ 3:21 pm
Thanks Assunta and I am so glad you enjoyed it. Keep me posted how it is going, Blessings, Pat
Comment by admin — September 1, 2010 @ 3:15 pm