When I sit outside drinking my herbal tea, listening to the birds, feeling the gentle breeze on my face and watching the sailboats on the ocean, I feel the peace that passes all understanding that the Bible talks about.
“Just because everything is crazy around you, doesn’t mean everything has to be crazy within you.”
Living in peace has always been very important to me. Every morning the first thing I do is pray my intention. “My intention is to be peaceful, to love, to serve, to be healthy and happy.”
When I started my recovery/awakening process over 40 years ago, I became aware that I was a “people pleaser” and looked outside of myself for approval. My self-esteem was like a yo-yo. If you liked and approved of me, I felt great. If you didn’t like and approve of me, my self-esteem went down the tubes. Clearly, it wasn’t self-esteem it was other esteem.
I believe in affirmations and have been using them for many years. My first affirmation was “I like and approve of the person I’m becoming.” Whenever I got in my car and throughout the day, I would repeat it like a mantra.
Affirmations are messages to our subconscious that are establishing habitual ways of thinking and behaving. Positive affirmations are healing thoughts that help us develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-love and will create peace of mind and inner joy. In essence, I am saying to my subconscious mind, “I am taking responsibility. I am aware that there is something I can do to change.” Here are the affirmations I say on a daily basis.
· I am worthy and deserving to enjoy this amazing life that I have co-created with God. It flows with peace, ease, grace, love, patience, happiness, joy, forgiveness, abundance, prosperity and radiant health.
· Everything I need is streaming toward me I open my hands and receive: Love, peace, joy, happiness, abundance, health.
· I am peaceful, safe, and protected from anything and everything that doesn’t serve my highest good.
· I am wealthy, healthy, strong, and fearless.
· I cherish my own inner beauty and celebrate my bright light as it speaks of God.
· I am healthy, whole, and healed and my immune system is very strong.
· I am a woman giving birth to myself.
· I am a star that shines brightly to lead others to the God within.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly. I have more than enough.
I created these affirmations when I realized that I didn’t feel deserving and worthy of the life that I co-created with God. I felt guilty when I saw other’s I loved suffering and in pain.
I walk 1 ½ to 2 hours on the ocean path most days. Instead of obsessing, controlling, worrying, or trying to fix what’s going on in the world or in my family, I use this sacred time to repeat the above affirmations. I choose not to get sucked into drama and to allow others their journey and lessons. My responsibility is to pray, send love, keep my vibration high in love and gratitude and trust Spirit will take care of the rest better than I can.
The affirmations truly flow with peace, ease, and grace and I love using them as a meditation. When I finish my walk, I feel uplifted, refreshed, and peaceful. When I live in the NOW and the present moment, it is blissful.
I’m so grateful that Spirit has guided me to do this as I have never done it like this before. I believe my subconscious mind is being healed and transformed. I’m much more aware of how my ego shows up with the old beliefs of not being good enough, having enough, lack, comparing, judging, feeling superior or inferior.
I encourage you to practice affirmations to change your life. As we change our thinking, our life will change. Please feel free to use any of the above and create your own.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
- I am perfectly imperfect & loved
- Byron Katie and loving what is
- What is the voice in your head saying?
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753