I have been religiously counting the weeks before our wedding on May 13th. After I got over the initial shock that I had somehow “LOST” a week and had only 2 more weeks left for our upcoming wedding, instead of 3, I made a decision (after I freaked out) that what was most important to me was that I be peaceful and be present to the moment.
As I have shared in past blogs, I am very organized and had everything “under control” because I wanted to enjoy the weeks before our wedding. I wanted to be relaxed and enjoy our sacred ceremony and reception. I am making all of the flower arrangements and my bouquet because I want to, but it takes a lot of work and time. There is a lot of planning that needs to be done in the last few days and I need to be on my game and not be stressed out. Thank God, I have wonderful friends who have offered to help. I couldn’t do it without them.
If I want to remain peaceful and present there are a few things that I must remember and PRACTICE or I will be a crazy lady! I know how I can get and so does Larry! I don’t have to do everything perfectly, but I will do my BEST and that will be ENOUGH.
- I will choose love and peace instead of fear and worry, knowing all is already planned in the mind of God.
- I will accept “what is” and go with the flow if something doesn’t go the way I planned it.
- I will let go of control and TRUST everything is happening for my highest good.
- I will ask for help and receive it graciously.
- I will allow Spirit to lead the way and turn my will over on a daily basis.
- I will RELAX, have fun and enjoy each moment.
- I will let go of my perfectionism and attachments.
- I will not worry about what others think of me as it is none of my business.
- I will be grateful and SURRENDER to whatever shows up.
- I will not push or force myself to do anything that doesn’t feel right.
- I will take time to pray, meditate and rest when I need to.
- I will listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, ask for guidance and follow-through.
I will remember what is important: God and I are ONE. All the “trappings” (flowers, decorations, dress are NOTHING). All that is real is LOVE and the present moment. Everything else is a dream and an illusion.
Many years ago while I was waiting for my soul mate to “show up”, I asked God, “What is wrong with me? Why haven’t I met my soul mate yet?”
Shortly after that I received an email from a friend. This is part of what it said:
“But God said: not until you are satisfied, fulfilled and content with being loved by me alone. I love you my child and until you discover that only in me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the PERFECT RELATIONSHIP that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with me, exclusive of any other longings or desires. I want you to stop wishing, planning and allow me to give you the most thrilling plan existing, one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the BEST. Please allow me to bring it to you. You just keep watching, learning and listening to the things I tell you. YOU MUST WAIT. Do not be anxious or worried. You must keep looking within to me or you will miss what I want to show you. And then you will be READY.
I WILL SURPRISE YOU WITH A LOVE THAT IS FAR MORE WONDERFUL THAN YOU COULD EVER DREAM OF.
God is faithful and my dream has come true. Thank you for making me READY! Waiting for 15 years for Larry has not been easy, but it has been worth the wait. Truly, I have been surprised with a LOVE that is far more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. My heart is full of gratitude for all Spirit has done in my life and it continues to get better and better.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
- It’s all been planned in the mind of God
- I feel the peace that passes all understanding
- To know the truth of who I am
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753