Living life to the fullest
For as long as I can remember (decades) I have said, “I want to live my life to the fullest. We are not promised tomorrow, all we have is today.” I am not sure if I even knew what it meant back then, but I do now and will share with you how I live my life to the fullest today.
When I contemplated getting a divorce from my ex-husband 20 years ago, I remember clearly saying, “I want to live my life to the fullest and don’t want to be 70 years old and wish I had done it sooner.” I knew I couldn’t live my life the way I wanted to and still stay married. After 30 years of marriage, stepping into the unknown was not for the faint of heart. It took courage and faith to move forward and get a divorce and start all over again.
For 10 years prior to my divorce, Spirit had been preparing me to get stronger and healthier. I did lots of personal/spiritual work and attended retreats and workshops. I did whatever I needed to do to find myself and love myself. I learned the importance of feeling my feelings and expressing them. I learned to set boundaries and say NO when I needed to. I learned to ask for what I wanted and I learned to let go and forgive. I learned how to BE.
My foundation is my faith in a power greater than myself, whom I choose to call God. My life is a prayer. Daily prayer and meditation enables me to trust and surrender, which ultimately leads to peace. I listen and hear the Voice of Spirit within, our “Higher Holy Spirit Self.” I know that I am guided and protected in everything I do.
The Course in Miracles states: “Prayer is a stepping aside, a letting go, a quiet time of listening and loving. It should not be confused with supplication of any kind, because it is a way of remembering your holiness.”
Today, I ask myself, “What does it really mean to “Live my life to the fullest?” It means:
- To practice living in the moment.
- To appreciate every moment as if it were my last because we are not promised tomorrow.
- To daily appreciate and love myself.
- To appreciate my family and friends and tell them what they mean to me.
- To live in an attitude of GRATITUDE.
- To be a Vessel of Love.
- To give and receive LOVE
- To play, have fun and laugh.
- To live in JOY.
- To use my gifts in the service of others.
- To take responsibility for myself; my behaviors, thoughts and feelings.
- To understand how ego shows up when I think I am not good enough or when I compare myself.
- To choose love instead of fear.
- To take Pat days and do what I want to nurture my body, mind and spirit.
- To trust and follow my intuition (even when it doesn’t make sense).
- To communicate openly, honestly and authentically.
- To be kind and share what I have – my time, love, possessions and home.
- To be willing to do the next right thing.
- To let go and let God.
- To say YES to whatever shows up in my life and to accept “what is.”
- To take care of my body, mind and spirit the best way I know how.
- To forgive and let go of all resentments.
- To ask for guidance from Spirit and know I am being guided in everything.
- To know that there are no mistakes, only GODincidences.
- To practice living my life with peace, ease and grace.
- To let go of perfectionism and performance anxiety.
- To embrace the Goddess within and know the truth of who I am. I am LOVE. I am God. And so are YOU.
I encourage you to live your precious life to the fullest. Where is Spirit calling you to grow and change so you can live your life to the fullest. This is not a dress rehearsal. It is your life to be lived in the most magnificent way. You deserve it and only YOU can make it happen. Step out in faith, let your light shine and follow your HEART.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753