You are both powerLESS and PowerFUL. The process of powerlessness is the process of surrender. You are surrendering your ego mind to a power greater than yourself – whether you call that God, Universe, Higher Power, Nature, Buddha or Spirit. God’s will for you is simply to live in harmony with Spiritual Principles and live life on life’s terms. When you turn your will over to the God of your understanding, you become powerFUL. You know who you are as a child of God and know what your purpose in life is.
What are you powerLESS over? You are powerless over people places and things. Problems arise in your life when you try to control your loved ones and think you know what is best for them. You are responsible for yourself, your actions, feelings and behaviors.
We often give our power away and don’t even know it. Before we can change, we need to know how we give our power away. Below is a list of common behaviors, feeling and attitudes indicating that you may be giving your power away.
- People Pleasing – need to be liked. Put others first at the expense of yourself
- Stay busy with activity and work to avoid feeling and going inside
- Addictions: alcohol, drugs, gambling, workaholism, religiosity, shopping, cleaning, internet, relationships
- Look outside for answers and validation. Want others to tell you that you are ok
- Focus is on fixing others, making others happy and then feeling resentful when your needs are not met. Comparing yourself to others – feeling less than or better than
- Unrealistic Expectations of yourself and others
- Beat up on yourself with negative self-talk
- Difficulty saying no without feeling guilty
- Difficulty setting boundaries
- Being nice
- Don’t know what you want or feel – know what others want and feel
- Expecting others to know your needs and be mind readers
- Perfectionist – demanding a great deal of others and yourself
- Need to Control others and situations
- Neglect your own needs – physically, emotionally, spiritually
- Low Self Esteem
- Difficulty forming and staying in relationships
- Feelings of sadness, depression, lonely, angry and sadness
- Sarcasm as a way of communication
- Passive aggressive, passive or aggressive behaviors
- Rigidity in behaviors and attitudes
- Black and white thinking
- Difficulty having fun, take self and life too serious
- Feel undeserving, unworthy
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
- I had the Surprise of my Life
- Larry’s reaction when I shared I have feelings for you
- The Divine Pause
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753