Have you ever dreamed about writing a book? Have others said to you, “You should write a book?” Many people said that to me and my response was always, “Maybe someday- when I retire.” My dream of writing a book almost died inside of me. I’m so grateful God didn’t give up on me as my book was published in 2007 and people are still reading it and I’m still reaping the fruits of it.
What keeps you from writing your book? For me it was FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real). It took me 7 years to write, “Simply A Woman of Faith” because I was filled with fear and didn’t believe in myself.
Every time I went on a retreat, I would hear the small, still voice of God say, “I want you to finish the book.” I would write for a while and then stop because I thought I was wasting my time and no one would read it. At one point, I stopped writing for a whole year and said to God, “I’m not doing it, you have chosen the wrong person” I was done, but God wasn’t done with me!
There were so many miracles of how God provided for me while writing the book. My son, Tim, said to me, “Mom, you have to change your yard sale mentality when it comes to looking for a coach and editor. Several people within a short time recommended Lisa Tener. I called her and felt an immediate heart connection with her.
The money “showed up” as Spirit promised to hire Lisa. I mysteriously found $2300 in my bank account and I had no idea how it got there. I received an award of $500 at work in my pay check, that I was not suppose to receive.
I created an “Intention Book” with all of my intentions and dreams and prayed with it daily.
- To complete and publish my book by 2007 DONE
- Be an Inspirational speaker and win a speech contest DONE
- To meet my soulmate and get married DONE
I am amazed as to where I am today because I said YES to God and kept “showing up.” With the grace of God, I have had many wonderful, fulfilling experiences and still do because I faced my fear and was transformed into the woman I am today.
Here are some highlights of the last 13 years of writing and publishing my book.
- I led a women’s retreat in Bermuda for, with all expenses paid.
- I led a personal retreat for 6 women on a cruise ship to Bermuda.
- I was selected to be a speaker on the Holistic Norwegian cruise line in 2012.
- I had a radio show called “Finding the God of your own understanding.”
- I led workshops and retreats for women.
- I moved to Maui and lived on the ocean for $300 a month for 6 months.
- I currently live in a million- dollar home overlooking the ocean.
- I was on staff as a spiritual coach in the Sacred Feminine Mystery School.
- I met my soulmate, Larry, and we were married almost 3 years ago.
These are the affirmations that I wrote 10 years ago about meeting my soulmate.
- I love spending time with my soulmate and enjoying our delicious, passionate, playful and romantic relationship
- I am enjoying the sacred, holy space that my soulmate and I have created in our home together.
- I am totally fulfilled and excited about my divine relationship with my soulmate, who is spiritual, healthy, and in love with the adventure of life and out journey together.
- I am overflowing with joy and happiness that my soulmate and I have found each other, are happily married and adore and love one another.
I continue to “show up” and say YES. I don’t know what’s next and that’s fine with me. I live in the moment and trust divine timing and order.
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753