I love how Spirit speaks to me through my dreams, especially recurring dreams. Recurring dreams are important messages and if I pay attention, they will guide me and show me what I need to do or not do next in my life.
Whenever I dream about a person I know, I pay attention to their qualities because they can reveal parts of myself that I may or may not be aware of. For example, whenever I dream about this one particular woman, I know it’s about my controlling behaviors that I need to change if I want to live in peace and be in alignment with God’s will.
This week I dreampt about my first boyfriend, Steve, that I went steady with when I was 16 years old. This is a recurring dream that I have had for many years and Steve is always leaving me for another girl. Since I have worked with the dream for years, I know that Steve represents my animus, which is the masculine part of a women’s personality. It is the part of me that makes decisions and takes action.
As I worked with the dream, I asked myself some questions:
- Where am I leaving myself?
- Why am I leaving myself?
- How am I leaving myself?
Whenever I leave myself, I give my power away and am not loving myself and taking responsibility for myself or my actions. Spirit revealed to me a couple of situations this week that I gave my power away. I felt so much better after working with the dream and was back in my God-given power.
Here is a list of ways we give our power away:
- People pleasing behaviors
- Afraid to set boundaries and speak my truth
- Afraid to speak up and be honest
- Seeking answers from others rather than going within
- Wanting others to take care of you
- Feeling like you are a victim
- Beating up on yourself
- Judging yourself
- Not feeling good enough
- Not saying NO when you need to
- Blaming others and not taking responsibility for your own behaviors
- Not trusting yourself and your feelings
- Not being flexible
- Not accepting “what is”
- Pushing yourself to do things that you don’t want to do to please another
- Not taking care of yourself in body, mind and spirit
- Trying to control others
- Holding resentments and not forgiving yourself or others
- Comparing yourself to others and feeling less than or better than
It takes courage to see our self-abandonment, self-betrayal patterns and ways we give our power away. These patterns must come into the light to be transformed so we can love and honor ourselves and others as we remember that we are all one and are worthy of love and appreciation.
There is a “spiritual awakening” happening on the planet. People are waking up and experiencing things they never experienced. It may appear dark, but there is a new world and a bright light emerging inside of you and in the world.
How do you give your power away? It’s time to take back your power and live your authentic self in the light of love.
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
- Chapter 18 “It’s Never Too Late for Love” Ego
- I feel grateful, peaceful and light
- Ho’oponopono Healing
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753