“Be willing to follow wherever I lead. Follow me wholeheartedly, with glad anticipation quickening your pace. Though you don’t know what lies ahead, I know, and that is enough. Some of my richest blessings are just around the bend – out of sight, but real. To receive these gifts, YOU MUST WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT. “ Jesus Calling
I pray about everything and ask for guidance from God. I then go within and listen for the answer and what feels right and peaceful to do next in my life. I may ask experts opinion when necessary but, ultimately, the decision is mine to make and I trust God for the answers.
I recently made the decision to sell my house in Rhode Island that I have been renting since I moved to Maui two and a half years ago. I didn’t have to sell it now, but it just felt like the next right thing to do. My tenants will be moving out at the end of July. Although I have help from my son, selling my house from Maui isn’t the easiest thing to do.
I was going along just fine with my decision when all of a sudden it was like a switch went off in my head and the fear and worry turned on. Of course all the “what ifs” popped into my head and you know how the mind can drive you crazy IF YOU LET IT. My fears are almost always about what may happen in the future or not having enough. As I believe, I gratefully receive. Worry is a form of unbelief. When I am in the present moment, I am at peace because I have everything I need and that is where God is.
My house didn’t sell when I tried to sell it two years ago and I asked myself, “What if that happened again and where would I get the money to pay the mortgage when I was already putting out so much money to pay the rent in my new home?” YIKES
I was sharing with my womens’ group that I felt some anxiety about putting my house up for sale. One of the women said, “Pat, you need to read your book again and REMEMBER all your stories about how your house sold in the past.” I knew she was right and decided to spend the next day with myself REMEMBERING all the miracles and what God had done in the past.
I knew I also had a CHOICE to escalate and entertain the fear or to choose love and trust God. It was that simple. I decided to choose love and practice what I knew worked to deepen my faith and to trust more deeply.
- I acknowledged my fear and asked God for healing and transformation.
- I spoke to my fear and said, “I will not let you rob me of my peace and serenity and living my dream.”
- I prayed and meditated and BREATHED deeply.
- I repeated, “Nothing can separate me from the presence of God. I am ONE with the presence of God. I am the presence of God.”
- I went within and listened for the next inspired action and then took that action
- I did what made me feel happy, joyful and felt good.
- I did what felt pleasurable – went for a swim, took a walk, took myself out to lunch, took a nap.
- I talked to myself “THINGS ALWAYS WORK OUT FOR THE GOOD” and it’s all for my highest good.
- I wrote a gratitude list.
- I practiced staying in the present moment – gazing at the flowers, clouds, trees & walking along the ocean.
- I accepted “what is.”
- I used affirmations, “Thank you God for the right and perfect person to buy my house and that it will flow with peace, ease and grace.”
- I visualized myself signing the closing papers for my house when I return to Rhode Island in August.
- I watched for “God Winks” and signs from God – and got lots of them.
- I said, “Just for today I will not be afraid or worried.”
- I reached out to a friend in need.
I used these tools as many times as I needed to until the fear was gone. I am so grateful how I recognize the fear and can move through it so quickly. As quickly as the switch was turned on, I have the POWER to shut it off immediately and bring myself back into God’s presence and peace.
To strengthen my faith, I took the advice of my friend and read my book again. There were many stories related to buying and selling houses and how God came through miraculously at the last minute. I will REMEMBER all that God has done in the past for me because God is the same yesterday as He is today and will be tomorrow.
I WALK BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT. I trust in the Lord with all my heart and rely not on my own understanding. I know God is leading me and has me covered. All is well and so it is.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
- It’s all been planned in the mind of God
- I feel the peace that passes all understanding
- To know the truth of who I am
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753