We are waking up
Happy New Year. I think we would all agree that 2020 has been a year like no other. We had no idea what was coming next and we still don’t. We are living in the unknown, which can be very uncomfortable for many. We were invited to live in the moment, choose love over fear, take one day at a time, change our perspectives, and trust and surrender to a Power greater than ourselves.
Although there has been much grief and suffering for many physically, financially, emotionally, and spiritually, much good has come from it, but we often don’t hear about that. We may not see the love that is spreading in the world. Many people are “waking up” to the truth that we are all connected and ONE.
As the year comes to an end, you are invited to release the energy of 2020 through prayer, journaling, and meditation, and whatever rituals you have done in the past. What are the lessons you learned, challenges, opportunities, and “blessings” you received inside the lessons?
I participated in a powerful Solstice meditation and we were asked to reflect on the following 3 questions.
1. What am I grateful for receiving in 2020?
2. What do I want to let go of?
3. What does my soul want to say to me today?
As I reflected on the past year, Spirit showed me the “outside” world is in chaos, drama, confusion, fear, and hatred, but my “inner” world is peaceful, grateful, loving, joyful, contented, and surrendered. Here is what I’ve practiced to experience peace and love.
- Every morning when I wake up for the past 2 decades, I affirm my intention for the day. My intention is to be peaceful, to love, to serve, and to be healthy and happy.
- I take responsibility for what I can control: my reactions, beliefs, and perspectives. I let go of what I can’t control (people, places & things).
- I detach from the outcome of what I put out into the world.
- I strive to not take things personally.
- I take back projections and am willing to see my shadow.
- I allow myself to feel all of my feelings rather than medicate them or do a spiritual bypass.
- I forgive myself and others and let go of judgments and resentments.
It’s not that everything was perfect because it wasn’t. I grieved the loss of a close friend, I broke my shoulder, I wasn’t able to see my children and grandchildren this year, we didn’t go to restaurants and didn’t dance. Other than walks on the beach, we stayed home and wore masks when we went out to be safe.
Here are some of the blessings from 2020 that I am grateful for.
- One of my children Facetimes me daily to have dinner with me.
- My faith in God has deepened as I have let go and surrendered to “what is.”
- Our book “It’s Never Too Late” was published.
- My relationship with Larry has flourished and grown.
- Gratitude is my attitude. I focus on what I have rather than what’s missing.
- Freedom from external validation, approval, and acknowledgment.
- My light is shining brighter than ever.
- I am experiencing deep peace, serenity, and calm inside.
As the year ends, Spirit is inviting you to reflect on these questions.
- What are you grateful for receiving in 2020?
- What do you want to let go of?
- What does your soul want to say to you today?
Let’s bring in 2021 with the energy of love, faith, and hope. This is what you have been waiting for. It will be a better world as you learn to love yourself and others. Love is all there is. Let your light shine for the world to see. As you change yourself, you change the world.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Leave a comment
|Stay updated by signing up!|
Simply A Woman of Faith
Pat’s book, Simply A Woman of Faith, is available for only $16.45 (incl. S&H).
Click here to order.
Share This Experience!
Author, Inspirational Speaker, Spiritual Coach, Retreat Leader & Radio Talk Show Host
Simply A Woman of Faith
621 Laniolu Place Kihei, HI 96753